A teenager on Tuesday afternoon burnt to death in Ilorin when his motorcycle had an head-on- collision with a Toyota car.
The boy was said to have bought a keg of Petrol from a fuel station and heading back to his place in Zango area of the state capital.
OVER 5,000 NIGERIAN MEN HAVE OVERCOME POOR BEDROOM PERFORMANCE SYNDROME DUE TO THIS BRILLIANT DISCOVERY. CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE
The tragedy was not unconnected to the tough times residents in the state capital face before buying the petrol at N200 and above for domestic and private use as the product was very scarce.
The second occupant on the motorcycle was also burnt beyond recognition but escaped death by the whiskers.
The passers-bye and neighbours watched helplessly as the teenager burnt to death in agony despite several attempts of pouring water mixed with several other composition on him to quench the fire.
The PRO of FRSC in Kwara state, Mr Monday Maku when contacted confirmed the incident.
Maku said, “As he was going on the motorcycle, with the keg of petrol, he collided with a car, and the petrol ignited fire. He was entangled in that fire which burnt him to death"
"His remains have been evacuated to the mortuary of University of ilorin Teaching Hospital"
He however warned residents to desist from keeping petrol in the booths of their vehicle and on the motorcycle in obedience to the earlier campaigns of the Federal Road Safety Corps to avert this sort of tragedy.
Dear Esteemed reader,
As part of our drive to keep improving the content of our newspaper, we are conducting a readership survey to enable us serve you better.
Kindly take two minutes of your time to fill in this questionnaire.
Thank you for your time. Click here to begin