Chelsea and Manchester United will do battle in one of the FA Cup’s fifth round encounters tonight.
Here are the Opta statistics ahead of the cracker:
* This will be the 14th FA Cup tie between Chelsea and Manchester United – the Blues have triumphed in each of the last four, including the final last season.
* Manchester United have lost three of their five FA Cup matches against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, winning 5-3 in 1997-98 and 2-0 in 1998-99.
* Chelsea could become the first team to eliminate Manchester United in five consecutive FA Cup meetings.
* In all competitions, Manchester United have won just two of their last 22 away games against Chelsea (D7 L13), failing to win any of their last nine.
* Manchester United have eliminated the FA Cup holders 10 times, more than any other side in the competition’s history. They last did so in 2011-12 against Manchester City.
* Chelsea are looking to reach the FA Cup quarter-final for the fourth consecutive season, reaching the final in each of the last two.
* Manchester United are looking to reach the FA Cup quarter-final for the fifth consecutive season. They last did so in as many between 1961-62 and 1965-66.
* The last side to eliminate both Arsenal and Chelsea in the same FA Cup campaign were Manchester United in 1998-99, while the last side to do in away games were Millwall in 1994-95.
Dear Esteemed reader,
As part of our drive to keep improving the content of our newspaper, we are conducting a readership survey to enable us serve you better.
Kindly take two minutes of your time to fill in this questionnaire.
Thank you for your time. Click here to begin