ADVERTISEMENT

Only 63% of privatised enterprises performing – BPE DG

Only 63% of the privatised enterprises are currently performing while  the remaining 37% are not, the Director General of the  Bureau for Public Enterprises (BPE), Mr Alex Okoh, has said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking, yesterday, at the opening Enterprise Stakeholders and Investors’ Forum in Abuja, Okoh said a total of 142 enterprises have been successfully privatized from the time the privatization programme started in the 1980s to December 2017. 

ADVERTISEMENT

According to him, out of this number, a total of 94 enterprises have been successfully monitored, covering critical sectors of the Nigerian economy from the transport sector to vehicle assembly plants, oil palm, cement, hospitality, fertiliser, bricks and clay, mines and steel, national facilities, oil and gas, ports, power and communication.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“This assessment is based on an analysis of the covenants and levels of compliance, challenges and recommendations from 2010 to 2017.”

Okoh said the forum was aimed at providing insight into core investors and potential investors of some of the investment and fiscal policies of the Federal Government to provide networking opportunities and facilitate communication between the private and public sectors.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who is the chairman of the National Council of Privatisation (NCP) represented by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Mr Ade Ipaye, said at the forum that since the 30 years of the beginning of the privatization and commercialization of public enterprises, the main aim is to drive the socio-economic development and growth of the country to greater heights.

 

Dear Esteemed reader,

As part of our drive to keep improving the content of our newspaper, we are conducting a readership survey to enable us serve you better.

Kindly take two minutes of your time to fill in this questionnaire.

Thank you for your time. Click here to begin

Download Daily Trust News App

Get it on Google Play
Share this article

BREAKTHROUGH NATURAL CURE FOR PROSTATE ISSUES IN JUST 15 DAYS!!!

You Can Prevent PROSTATE CANCER!!!

Your PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT Is REVERSIBLE!!!

Don't Let It Threaten You!

To SHRINK And NORMALIZE Your PROSTATE Within 15 Days Without Surgery Or Chemical Drugs, Click Here!!! Order Now! Limited Stock Available!!!

Join us on


Share your story with us: 08189301900 (Whatsapp and SMS only) Email: dtonline@dailytrust.com

Complain about a story or Report an error and/or correction: +2348189301900

DISCLAIMER: Comments on this thread are that of the maker and they do not necessarily reflect the organizations stand or views on issues.