Only 63% of the privatised enterprises are currently performing while the remaining 37% are not, the Director General of the Bureau for Public Enterprises (BPE), Mr Alex Okoh, has said.
Speaking, yesterday, at the opening Enterprise Stakeholders and Investors’ Forum in Abuja, Okoh said a total of 142 enterprises have been successfully privatized from the time the privatization programme started in the 1980s to December 2017.
According to him, out of this number, a total of 94 enterprises have been successfully monitored, covering critical sectors of the Nigerian economy from the transport sector to vehicle assembly plants, oil palm, cement, hospitality, fertiliser, bricks and clay, mines and steel, national facilities, oil and gas, ports, power and communication.”
“This assessment is based on an analysis of the covenants and levels of compliance, challenges and recommendations from 2010 to 2017.”
Okoh said the forum was aimed at providing insight into core investors and potential investors of some of the investment and fiscal policies of the Federal Government to provide networking opportunities and facilitate communication between the private and public sectors.
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who is the chairman of the National Council of Privatisation (NCP) represented by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Mr Ade Ipaye, said at the forum that since the 30 years of the beginning of the privatization and commercialization of public enterprises, the main aim is to drive the socio-economic development and growth of the country to greater heights.
Don't Let Your PROSTATE Frustrate You! Here's A Better NATURAL Way To Shrink Your Prostate Enlargement! -No Surgery, -No Drugs. Shrink To Normal In Just 15 Days!
Normalize Your Urination And Erection! Just Click To Get It Now!