ADVERTISEMENT

Ndume decries resurgence of B/Haram attacks

Senator Muhammad Ali Ndume has expressed concern over what he called the resurgence and escalation of Boko Haram attacks on military formations and communities in the northeast.
Addressing journalists in Maiduguri on Wednesday, he also alleged gross misapplication of funds meant for the management of the humanitarian crisis in the zone.
“I am worried about the resurgence and escalation of attacks on military formations and communities by Boko Haram, especially within the span of two months, and this should worry the entire country,” the erstwhile Senate leader said.
“The military, I think, should concentrate their heavy operations at the black spots of Sambisa, Mandara mountains and the Dikwa/Gsmboru axis where the insurgents still seem to be heavily concentrated,” he suggested.
“Military formations should be on permanent alert about any attack; I an not a military man, but I want to believe that if somebody attacks you in your own house, it means that you are not ready.
“We are in a situation where 80 percent of the funds meant for the victims of the humanitarian crisis in the Northeast is going for overhead while the remaining 20 percent is spent on the actual job the funds are meant for. In clear terms, the bulk of the funds is spent on logistics, leaving a pittance for the victims care; and this, also, is a matter for concern. The reverse should be the case, which means 80 percent of the funds should go for the victims’ care while 20 goes for logistics.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article

BREAKTHROUGH NATURAL CURE FOR PROSTATE ISSUES IN JUST 15 DAYS!!! You Can Prevent PROSTATE CANCER!!!

Your PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT Is REVERSIBLE!!! Don't Let It Threaten You!

To SHRINK And NORMALIZE Your PROSTATE Within 15 Days Without Surgery Or Chemical Drugs, Click Here!!!

Join us on


Send DTM to 4900 (MTN) or DTM to 655 (Etisalat) for regular updates and more

Share your story with us: 08189301900 (Whatsapp and SMS only) Email: dtonline@dailytrust.com Or use this form

Complain about a story or Report an error and/or correction: +2348189301900

DISCLAIMER: Comments on this thread are that of the maker and they do not necessarily reflect the organizations stand or views on issues.