There was commotion in Lafia, Nasarawa state on Tuesday when a leaking cooking gas cylinder was thrown on the main road.
The Chief Fire Officer of the state, Alhaji Dalhatu Dogara said, “A man refilled his cylinder on Tuesday evening and placed it is his car boot. When he started moving, he realized that it was leaking, he parked his car, opened the boot, lifted the cylinder and threw it on Makurdi Road near the Fire Brigade Headquarters at the heart of the city.”
According to him, when the man ran for safety, many people started shouting and also ran; that led to commotion for some time.
OVER 5,000 NIGERIAN MEN HAVE OVERCOME POOR BEDROOM PERFORMANCE SYNDROME DUE TO THIS BRILLIANT DISCOVERY
He said the fire station and its personnel rushed to the scene and discharged fire retardant to prevent the gas cylinder from exploding.
Alhaji Dogara, who said the situation has been brought under control, also called on people to be careful when handling gas cylinders.
The Operations Controller of Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) in charge of Nasarawa state, Alhaji Abdurrahman Muhammad told Daily Trust that, “People should check the expiration date of their cylinders to know whether they are expired or not, to avoid accident which leads to loss of lives and property.”