The renowned Nigerian wedding planner, Funke-Bucknor Obruthe and Nigerian infertility expert Omotade Alalade have been featured in this year’s edition of BBC 100 Women list.
The BBC 100 Women list is a compilation of influential and inspirational women from across the globe.
“They will bring you groundbreaking moments of defiance, new takes on fairy tales, stories of octogenarian cheerleading, and take you inside the world of e-gaming.
“Others will be exploring black feminism or taking part in our first ever live festival. You will hear from some of the world’s biggest names but also from women you may never have heard of, but who all have astonishing stories to tell,” BBC said.
Funke-Bucknor Obruthe, 40, is a popular Nigerian event and wedding planner. The CEO/MD Zapphaire Events graduated from University of Lagos where she studied Law.
Funke, according to BBC makes the 2016 list for her well-known expertise in “[planning] every detail for glitzy and celebrity weddings in Nigeria and elsewhere, ranging from 500 to 2000 people.”
The 30-year-old Alalade is a Nigerian well-known infertility expertise who owns BeiBei Haven Foundation, an infertility center.
According to Alalade, her foundation was established out of passion to help those who struggle with infertility and baby loss with support and knowledge after several years of battling with infertility challenges
Below are other African women that made the list:
1. Aline Mukovi Neema (Congolese Activist)
2. Egge Kande (Senegal Community Leader)
3. Ellinah Ntombi Wamukoya (Swaziland Bishop)
4. Gcina Mhlope (South African Writer)
5. Lucy Finch (Malawian Hospice Founder)
6. Mary (Kenyan Abduction Survivor)
7. Nadia Khiari (Tunisian Cartoonist)
8. Paula Hawkins (Zimbabwean Novelist)
9. Prathiba Parmar (Kenyan Filmmaker)
10. Reham el-Hour (Moroccan Cartoonist)
11. Shriti Vadera (Ugandan Banker)
12. Zoleka Mandela (South African Writer)
13. Zulaikha Patel (South African Schoolgirl)
14.Thuli Madonsela (South African Advocate).
Dear Esteemed reader,
As part of our drive to keep improving the content of our newspaper, we are conducting a readership survey to enable us serve you better.
Kindly take two minutes of your time to fill in this questionnaire.
Thank you for your time. Click here to begin