ADVERTISEMENT

Fire guts Presidential Villa

FILE PHOTO

There was a fire incident at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Thursday, Daily Trust reports.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, described the incident as minor.

Shehu attributed the fire incident to an electrical spark.

The presidential aide said the incident was recorded Thursday afternoon at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa.

He said: “The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises.”

“Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded,” the presidential spokesman added.

Download Daily Trust News App

Get it on Google Play
Share this article

Join us on


Join our whatsapp group here for Breaking News, Exclusives , others

Complain about a story or Report an error and/or correction: +2348189301900 (Whatsapp and SMS only) Email: dtonline@dailytrust.com

DISCLAIMER: Comments on this thread are that of the maker and they do not necessarily reflect the organizations stand or views on issues.