The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) said it will soon begin investigation into the Friday collapse of a three-storey building in Jabi, Abuja.
The collapsed building, near the Jabi Motor Park, was said to have left two persons dead and several others wounded.
However, Coordinator of the Abuja Metropolitan Management Council (AMMC), Umar Shuaibu, disclosed that all trapped victims had been rescued.
He said only one person died in the incident.
Shuaibu said apart from the initial six persons that were wounded, no other casualty figure was recorded.
After touring the site of the collapsed building, he said the FCT Administration and other stakeholders responded promptly and worked overnight with floodlights and other equipment to rescue the trapped victims in record time and referred the injured to the hospital.
He said the council would now move into the next phase of clearing the rubble after which it would begin investigation into collapse.
On whether the building actually passed through integrity test after about 15 years of being abandoned before the commencement of work, he said that was an aspect that the council would delve into to identify the lapses.
Meanwhile, the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, has assured adequate treatment of injured victims of the collapsed building.
The minister who was accompanied by the FCT Permanent Secretary, Sir Chinyeaka Ohaa, to oversee rescue operations said he had directed some hospitals to treat the victims.
The minister said machinery would be set in motion to unravel the reason for the collapse.