President Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar and 29 other presidential candidates for the forthcoming election are going to sign peace agreement today.
Daily Trust reports that the peace agreement and memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is being coordinated by a former head of state Abdulsalami Abubakar led National Peace committee.
It was gathered that the peace pact would also involve all the chairmen of the political parties that fielded candidates for the presidential election.
The essence of the pact, it was gathered was to commit the candidates and the political parties to peaceful poll.
During the 2015 election, the committee under the former head of state facilitated the signing of the peace accord between former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Buhari and the 12 other candidates for the presidential election.
All the presidential candidates are expected to be part of the peace pact.
- Donald Duke – Social Democratic Party, (SDP)
- Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim – Alliance for New Nigeria, (ANN),
- Omoyele Sowore – African Action Congress (AAC),
- Obi Ezekwesili – Allied Congress Party of Nigeria ( ACPN),
- Obadiah Mailafia African Democratic Congress (ADC),
- Kingsley Moghalu – Young Progressive Party, (YPP) and
- Chris Okotie – Fresh Democratic Party (FDP) among others.