Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, on Tuesday inaugurated members of the state’s Transition Committee ahead of May 29.
He said the committee will appraise his administrations’ work in the last four years to enable him put workable plans together for the next four years – in his second tenure in office.
El-Rufai, who was represented by the secretary to the State Government and Vice Chairman of the Committee, Balarabe Abbas, said the committee will lay emphasis on the concept of ‘Putting people first’, which is the fulcrum of his administrations’ agenda.
He said the choice of “Putting people first” as the thrust for his second term bid is not only apt, but demonstrates that his administration exerted deliberate efforts to feel the pulse of the people and their perceptions of governance.
“Four years ago, we were all party to this administration’s promise to ‘Make Kaduna State Great Again’. Over these years, a lot of work has gone into fulfilling the promises made, and despite numerous challenges faced, we endured.
“What this period means therefore is the fact that it is crucial and vital that a smooth, successful and seamless transition into the next phase of governance is assured.”
He noted that the committee’s Terms of Reference as propounded are to:
- Ascertain and Present a factual report on the state of the Kaduna State Government from 2015 to 2019, based on targets set in the Transition Committee Report of 2015
- To assess the performance of all MDAs based on the Governments Restoration Agenda.
- Highlight the strengths and weaknesses of the Kaduna State Government in the execution of its governance.
- Make short-term, medium-term and long-term recommendations to strengthen key institutions and improve the delivery of governance programs.
- Identify Quick Wins for this next phase of the government. Collage and assess Handover notes from all MDAs and any other function that maybe assigned by the Governor.
Dear Esteemed reader,
As part of our drive to keep improving the content of our newspaper, we are conducting a readership survey to enable us serve you better.
Kindly take two minutes of your time to fill in this questionnaire.
Thank you for your time. Click here to begin