The son of the Deputy Governor of Ekiti state, Mr. Tolu Egbeyemi, has emerged as the chairman of the Ekiti State University Alumni Association, Lagos chapter.
He emerged as a consensus candidate after his closest rival, Mr Dare Dada, stepped down for him in the Lagos alumni poll while Ope Allen emerged as Secretary General, alongside other excos.
Following his emergence, Egbeyemi promised to work with other elected excos, stakeholders and potential alumni, just as he set a workable agenda geared towards the association’s progress in Lagos.
“After due deliberations in the executive committee, we wish to inform you that all alumni that are willing and ready to identify with Lagos Chapter are welcome.
“We also want to thank them in advance for showing their readiness to support and contribute their quotas to the development of this chapter, our alumni and our alma mater at large.
“We will collaborate with the National Executive, the school management and the State Government to ensure Ekiti State University takes its rightful place in the comity of universities across Africa and imprint its name on the world academic institutions,” he said.
Among the action plans the Egbeyemi-led Excos hope to implement are:
- To harmonize the 3 generations (OSUA, UNAD & EKSU) into one big family.
- To support our Alma mater by adding value to the infrastructure & intellectual content of EKSU.
- To project our brand in a positive way that gives credence to the quality of our products.
- To improve relationships beyond electronic platforms by creating personal and business value for members through “networking”.
- To promote EKSU as a tertiary research centre.
- To support Trusts/Foundations for a coordinated developments in EKSU.
Prominent national leaders of the Alumni who graced the Lagos convention that produced the new chairman were the association’s National Chairman, Adedotun Adetunberu; the National Secretary General, Segun Odidi and former Chairman, Chief Fadimiluyi, who is also a member of the National Executive Council.
It was learnt that the inaugural meeting of the new excos would take place this Sunday, December 9 in Victoria Island, Lagos.
Dear Esteemed reader,
As part of our drive to keep improving the content of our newspaper, we are conducting a readership survey to enable us serve you better.
Kindly take two minutes of your time to fill in this questionnaire.
Thank you for your time. Click here to begin