Former National Security Adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki told a Federal High Court in Abuja yesterday that he cannot recollect authorising transfer of N400million to former PDP spokesman, Olisa Metuh.
Dasuki, who was ordered by the court to enter the Witness Box to testify in the trial of Metuh, said he would not be able to recall “Any dealing from memory” except he has access to his records and documents.
Asked by Metuh’s counsel, Emeka Etiaba (SAN) what he knew about the N400m transferred by his former office to Destra Investment Ltd, Dasuki said he knew Metuh as PDP spokesman but would not be able to give satisfactory evidence.
Asked the specific time to access his records, he said he has four bail orders including an ECOWAS Court judgement which were not obeyed by the authorities.
“I am here to answer to a court subpoena even though I have not benefitted from others respecting court rulings,” he said.
At this point defence lawyers, Etiaba and Tochukwu Onwugbufor (SAN), pleaded the court to adjourn the matter to enable Dasuki consult his records.
But EFCC counsel, Sylvanus Tahir opposed the application, arguing that the defence lawyers have made no effort to “size up the witness” or confront him with fact of the case being the electronic mandate prepared by the Director of Finance and Accounts of the ONSA transferring the sum of N400m to Metuh’s company.
He asked the court not to adjourn but close the evidence of the defence team and allow the prosecution to cross examine the witness.
Justice Okon Abang had earlier struck out the application by former president, Goodluck Jonathan to vacate the subpoena to compel him to testify.
The judge said the application was based on media reports, which is hearsay, since the subpoena has not been served on him.
The case has been adjourned to November 3 for hearing.