President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday forwarded the list of his nominees to the Senate for confirmation as Non-Executive Directors of the Board of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in accordance with Sections 6 (1) (d) and 10 (1) and (2) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment) Act, 2007
Presidential spokesman Mr Femi Adesina disclosed this in a statement.
According to Adesina, the letter to the Senate President, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, contained the following as the nominees and their geo-political zones.
1. Professor Ummu Ahmed Jalingo – North East
2. Professor Justitia Odinakachukwu Nnabuko – South East
3. Professor Mike I. Obadan – South South
4. Dr. Abdu Abubakar – North West
5. Adeola Adetunji – South West.