ADVERTISEMENT

Appeal Court clears Lulu of corruption charge

The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja, yesterday, set aside the judgment of the Federal High Court, Abuja delivered on February 22nd, 2016 by Justice E. S. Chukwu which dismissed a ‘no-case-submission’ filed by Sani Abdullahi Lulu, a former President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in the corruption charge brought against him and three others by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Ahmad Belgore in his judgment, said: “This appeal has merit and the judgment of the Federal High Court, delivered on February 22, 2016 is hereby set aside and the appellant, Sani Abdullahi Lulu, discharged acquitted.”

Justice Belgore said the case was an appeal against the judgment of the Federal High Court, Maitama Division delivered by Justice E.S. Chukwu on February 22, 2016 wherein the Appellants’ suit of a ‘no-case-submission’ was dismissed on the ground that the defendants were bound by the Public Procurement Act, PPA, and as such should defend themselves in the charges leveled against them by the EFCC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Lulu and three others, Amanze Uchegbulam, a former first vice president of NFF; Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, a former executive committee member and NFF former secretary-general, Dr. Bolaji Ojo-Oba were arraigned on September 6, 2010, for alleged misappropriation of funds without giving proper accounts of how the money was spent during the South Africa 2010 World Cup.

Lulu and his co-accused among other things were also accused of flouting due process in the purchase of two Marcopolo buses for the national teams.  

While, the appeals of Amanze Uchegbulam and Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, Sani Lulu’s co accused are still pending at the Court Appeal, the fourth accused person, Bolaji Ojo-Oba, erstwhile general secretary of NFF, had earlier been discharged acquitted by the Court of Appeal.

 


Share this article

BARRISTER Anthony Woke Up At About 12Midnight To Urinate. He Almost Fainted When He Just Couldn't Pee: ENLARGED PROSTATE!!!

ANY MAN ABOVE 40 Shouldn't Wait For This Crisis! PREVENT PROSTATE CANCER!

PREVENT Or SHRINK Your Enlarged PROSTATE Within 15 Days Without Surgery!!! Click To See HOW!

Join us on


Send DTM to 4900 (MTN) or DTM to 655 (Etisalat) for regular updates and more

Share your story with us: 08189301900 (Whatsapp and SMS only) Email: dtonline@dailytrust.com Or use this form

Complain about a story or Report an error and/or correction: +2348189301900

DISCLAIMER: Comments on this thread are that of the maker and they do not necessarily reflect the organizations stand or views on issues.