ADVERTISEMENT

Alleged $9.5m FIFA Grant: Court fixes Feb. 20 for ruling on joining Pinnick, Sanusi

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick and Secretary-General, Dr Mohammed Sanusi

An FCT High Court in Maitama has fixed February 20 for ruling on an application to join Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President, Amaju Pinnick and Secretary-General, Dr Mohammed Sanusi in the case of alleged misappropriation of 9.5 million dollars FIFA grant.

Justice Peter Affen had earlier fixed October 22, 2019 for ruling in the application before the office of the Attorney general of the Federation (AGF) said it wanted to harmonise all the cases involving the alleged fraud.

However, at the resumed hearing on Monday, Abubakar Musa, senior state counsel, Federation Ministry of Justice told the court that the Attorney General of the Federation was withdrawing the application for harmonisation to enable Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to go on with the matter.

EFCC had arraigned three officials of NFF before the court in an alleged 9.5 million dollars FIFA grant misappropriation before applying on April 30 to join both Pinnick and Sanusi in the matter as co-defendants.

Those being tried earlier were Christopher Andekin, NFF Director of Administration and Finance; Reagan Zaka, Cashier and Fadanari Mamza, Head, Finance and Account Department.

The EFCC charged the defendants with five counts bordering on criminal conspiracy, breach of trust and misappropriation.

The EFCC alleged that they conspired between January 8 and 26, 2015 to commit the offence, contrary to Section 97 of Penal Code.

Andekin was alleged to have been entrusted with money meant for the development of football in Nigeria, a grant from world football body, the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA).

He was alleged to have fraudulently diverted 1.3 million dollars from the NFF domiciliary account with Zenith Bank, an act that is contrary to Section 311 of the Penal Code.

Zaka, on his part, was said to have fraudulently diverted 7.2 million dollars rom the FIFA grant, while Mamza was alleged of diverting 2. 3 million dollars.

They however pleaded not guilty to the charge

 

Download Daily Trust News App

Get it on Google Play
Share this article

Join us on


Join our whatsapp group here for Breaking News, Exclusives , others

Complain about a story or Report an error and/or correction: +2348189301900 (Whatsapp and SMS only) Email: dtonline@dailytrust.com

DISCLAIMER: Comments on this thread are that of the maker and they do not necessarily reflect the organizations stand or views on issues.