ADVERTISEMENT

3-month-old baby consumed by fire at Sheka

Kano state Fire Service has confirmed the death of a 3-month-old baby in a fire incident at Sheka Yankaji quarters in Kumbotso local government area.

The spokesman of the fire brigade, Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, who confirmed the incident, said the cause of the inferno was yet to be ascertained as investigation was still in progress.

ADVERTISEMENT

He said the burnt body of the baby was discovered in the debris of a 2-bedroom apartment shortly after the fire was put out.

“We received a distress call this morning (yesterday) from one Hajiya Laraba Usman at about 10:01 a.m. about a fire outbreak at a house in Sheka Yankaji quarters, in Kumbotso Local government area and we quickly mobilised our men to the scene and brought the fire under control. But before we came the fire had already consumed the two bedroom apartment and in the debris of the burnt properties we discovered the body of the 3-month-old baby.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Mohammed said the parent of the late child had gone out in search for help and therefore could not retrieve the child while the fire was raging.

He said the firemen later handed over the body of the baby to the father, Malam Mohammed Abuabakar.

He, therefore, advised residents to be careful when using inflammable materials, such as cooking gas so as to avert fire disaster.

Download Daily Trust News App

Get it on Google Play

Share this article

BREAKTHROUGH NATURAL CURE FOR PROSTATE ISSUES IN JUST 15 DAYS!!!

You Can Prevent PROSTATE CANCER!!!

Your PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT Is REVERSIBLE!!!

Don't Let It Threaten You!

To SHRINK And NORMALIZE Your PROSTATE Within 15 Days Without Surgery Or Chemical Drugs, Click Here!!!

Join us on


Share your story with us: 08189301900 (Whatsapp and SMS only) Email: dtonline@dailytrust.com

Complain about a story or Report an error and/or correction: +2348189301900

DISCLAIMER: Comments on this thread are that of the maker and they do not necessarily reflect the organizations stand or views on issues.