Here are ten things you need to know about the new Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), who was appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari today:
1. Mr. Boss Gida Mustapha was appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari, as the Managing Director of the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) on June 23, 2016. His appointment then was announced by the sacked Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Babachir David Lawal, via a statement signed by the Director of Press (OSGF Office) Mr. Bolaji Adebiyi.
2. Mr. Boss G. Mustapha is a Christian from Adamawa state, just like the sacked SGF, Babachir Lawal.
3. He was a Deputy National Chairman of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), one of the legacy parties that formed the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
4. He graduated in 1979 from the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and earned his Barrister at Law (B.L) from the Nigeria Law School, Lagos in 1980.
5. He served as a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member with the Directorate of Legal Services at the Army Headquarters from July 1980 to August 1981 and was in charge of the review of Court Marshall proceeding.
6. He started full legal practice in 1983 as a Counsel in the law firm of Messrs Onagoruwa & Co. in Lagos and was later appointed Principal Counsel in the law firm of Messrs Mustapha & Associates where he served from 1984 till 2000. He later joined Adriot Lex & Co. law firm as a Principal Consultant from 2000 to 2006.
7. He was the National President of Gongola State Student’s Union between 1978 and 1979 and later elected Chairman, Nigerian Bar Association, Yola Branch between 1986 and 1988.
8. He was at one time the State Chairman of Social Democratic Party (SDP), Gongola State between 1990 and 1991 and later the Gubernatorial candidate of Social Democratic Party (SDP) for Adamawa State in 1991.
9. He was appointed as a member of the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the defunct Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), serving meritoriously from 2000 to 2007. He was also a member of the National Political Conference held in 2005.
10. He is a Member of the following professional associations: Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), African Bar Association (ABA), Commonwealth Lawyers Association, International Bar Association (IBA), Human Rights Institute (HRI) and also a member of the religious body, the Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship International (FGBMFI).