FCT: Mini-bus restriction still on hold
The implementation of routes delineation for mini and high capacity buses in Abuja metropolis remains suspended as the FCTA puts in place measures to cushion the effects of the policy.
FCT minister Bala Mohammed had on January 16 directed the suspension of implementation of the new policy to allow time for further enlightenment of the stakeholders involved including the operators, commuters, FCT residents and the general public.
At the expiration of the deadline yesterday, Mohammed directed that the grace period be extended as the FCTA puts palliatives in place while sensitization campaign and education of all commuters, operators and all stakeholders of the policy continue, a statement from his spokesman Nosike Ogbuenyi said.
A meeting of the implementation committee of the policy, comprising major stakeholders such as leaders of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), the Trade Union Congress (TUC), the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Self-Employed Drivers Association (SECDA), Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company Limited (AUMTCO), representatives of the FCT Administration and others took place yesterday on better ways of implementing the policy. The meeting reconvenes on Tuesday next week, the statement said.
The committee members after hearing the reports of the sub-committee on Public Enlightenment and four others were of the opinion that reasonable enlightenment had been carried out even as it urged a continuation of the sensitization campaign with greater intensity.
there are three things to be done to make agric business in nigeria pre and post...
keep on malam adamu dont give up you are a truly bonafide jounalist.
How do we access the funds, why are there no jingles and adverts on radio and te...